OK... so here's the scoop. I am going to use this blog to bitch and moan about how it sucks to grow up in a comfortable middle class family. I’ll to tell you about how rough it was and how we all need therapy as adults to overcome the injustices (you know… having to share the family car and stuff like that) that we suffered as kids.
Bah… what a pile of crap… before you lump me into that heap of whining cry-babies who had a comfortable, secure upbringing with enough food and a roof over their heads, I’ll set the record straight. I had a great family life growing up. Was it perfect? No. What the hell is perfect anyway? It was real. My dad and I butted heads – lots. I figured out later that we were a lot alike… imagine that.
What I really want to talk about are some of the unique issues we, the affluent generation, have faced. In a lot of ways we had it easy, but that gave rise to a new set of problems. I’m thinking that this is going to be sort of therapeutic for me. Maybe I’ll exercise a few demons or something… who knows. Maybe I’ll crack a bottle of wine as I type sometimes, so bear with me if I ramble, but do stick around and enjoy the ride with me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment